Patient care and management of risk during the Covid-19 pandemic
Updated 8th January 2021.
We remain open in the National Lockdown starting January 2021 as we are classed as a healthcare facility, helping patients in pain.
Physiotherapy & Sports Therapy appointments during National Lockdown
The current guidance for Physiotherapists and Sports Therapists requires that we risk assess every patient to ensure that the risk of entering clinic does not outweigh the benefit of receiving treatment.
During this time ‘maintenance’ and low-level pain treatments are not being carried out by Physiotherapists and Sports Therapists.
Our approach therefore is to see you in a Virtual Triage Session before deciding if a Physical Treatment Session (face-to-face) is appropriate for you, or if a Virtual Treatment Session is most appropriate. In the Virtual Triage Session we will discuss your need for treatment and carry out initial observations and testing – exactly as we would ordinarily in clinic. This thereby reduces risk associated with a face-to-face Physical Treatment Session, and eliminates risk where we feel that a Virtual Treatment Session is best. Either way you still receive the very best care for the purpose of your effective rehabilitation.
Osteopathy appointments are going ahead as usual. We will however risk assess every patient to ensure that the risk of entering clinic does not outweigh the benefit of receiving physical treatment.
How we have adapted our way of working in light of the pandemic
- Most of our treatment sessions are now carried out in rooms without a ceiling, inside a large studio
- Patients need to wear a mask
- We wear a mask and visor, an apron, and gloves
- Children and babies cannot accompany you, unless for a paediatric appointment
- Patients should attend their appointment on their own
- The room, equipment, and all surfaces are thoroughly sanitised before and after your session, and the room aired in between patients
- Temperature is taken with an electronic forehead device and you are asked to sanitise your hands on arrival.
You are welcome to read our full Covid-19 Risk Assessment, available at the bottom of this page.
Should you have any questions at all please email Clinic Director, Georgie Mai email@example.com. Thank you.