Patient care and management of risk during the Covid-19 pandemic
We are so very happy to reopen on Monday 20th July, after 16 weeks. This is what we are doing to ensure that we do so safely, and with your care in the forefront of our minds.
Returning to physical in-clinic appointments will see us working quite differently. Whilst we have made some important logistical changes, this will not detract from the effectiveness and enjoyment of your session.
You will be asked to complete our ordinary Consent Form in addition to a new Covid-19 Screening Form prior to your session. If you are new to us, or if we haven’t seen you in some time we will call you after you’ve made your booking to welcome you into our care and assess suitability for hands-on treatment.
Changes that you will notice in your session:
- You will need to wear a mask
- We will be wearing masks, an apron, and gloves
- The room, equipment, and all surfaces will be thoroughly sanitised before and after your session, and the room aired in between Patients
- Where possible you should attend your appointment on your own
- We will ask you to wait in your car until you are collected by your Therapist
- We will take your temperature with an electronic forehead device on arrival
- You will be asked to put your clothing into a plastic box whilst we treat you.
We hope that you will understand that because of the increased time that it takes us to sanitise and ventilate treatment rooms between Patients, and the expense of PPE and logistical changes, that our prices will increase on Monday 17th August. Both the business and all of us self-employed Therapists received no monies at all during our 16-week closure and this is necessary to ensure that we can continue to support you. Pricing information can be located here.
You are welcome to read our full Covid-19 Risk Assessment, available at the bottom of this page.
Should you have any questions at all please email Clinic Director, Georgie Mai firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.