Healthier Workplaces – Combatting the Dangers of Desk Work9th November 2019
Physical inactivity is the UK’s fourth biggest killer, so for those of us who spend 8+ hours sitting at our desks it is a clear and present danger. In fact the latest research on heart disease shows that leading a sedentary life is as great a risk factor as smoking and obesity.
We’ve put together some resources to help you find clever ways of incorporating activity into your working day, and mitigate some of the risks that come with spending too many hours sitting at a desk. Our free advice sheets explain how you can be more physically active at work and also offer some help on how to treat and prevent common causes of work related pain, including headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome.
In this set of resources, we cover:
- 17 ways to be more active at work
- Thinking on your feet – why it pays to be physically active at work
- Stretching exercises for the workplace
- Strengthening exercises for the workplace
- Why posture matters
- Optimal desk posture
- Preventing and treating carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal tunnel rehabilitation exercise sheet