Mastering Chronic Pain9th November 2019
Chronic pain affects 40% of the world’s population. It frequently leads to a vicious cycle of reduced activity, sleep disturbance, low mood and depression, reduced enjoyment of life and lower productivity at work.
We’ve put together some resources to help you find ways to learn how to master your pain. There are strategies that will help you to cope better and some ideas of treatments that may be beneficial and help you take back control of your life. Our free advice sheets explain how you can be more physically active and stay out of the vicious cycle of increasing levels of inactivity. They provide coping strategies, treatment options, and give you with an explanation of the science behind chronic pain. There’s also exercise handouts, videos, and daily diary templates.
In this set of resources, we cover:
- The strain of pain: dispelling the myths behind chronic pain with strategies for managing your pain
- Understanding chronic pain
- Skills to cope with chronic pain
- How physical therapy can help you if you suffer from chronic pain
- How pain affects your life (for friends and partners)
- Relaxation for chronic pain (exercise handout)
- Building activity into your everyday life if you suffer from musculoskeletal pain
- Tips for managing activity levels
- Daily activity template