Your first visit to the Hub
About your first treatment session
How to prepare
Ensure you have completed both your Triage Form and Consent Form for your first session, sent to you via email. This gives us the info we need to prepare for seeing you. Have a good think about the history of your pain or problem and make notes if you need to.
Clothing, and what to bring with you
- Bring any relevant letters or information about scans if possible.
- Please be advised that to assess and treat you effectively, it is likely that you will be required to undress to your underwear. You are welcome to bring shorts if you would prefer.
- In many cases we will need to watch you move and prescribe exercises for you. You should therefore wear exercise clothing or a comfortable loose-fitting outfit.
- Ladies – no sports bras please, if we are treating your upper body it makes access to your back and shoulders difficult.
- If you are a sportsperson, we may need to see your running / training shoes so please bring these with you on the day.
Our address, and parking information
Our address is Rehab Hub Ltd. Unit 3B Stratton Park, Biggleswade, Beds. SG18 8QS.
- There is parking outside our front door on a first-come first-served basis.
- Thereafter please use the main car park bays marked ‘Visitors’ or ‘Unit 3B’. If you struggle to park you can use our neighbours’ marked bays, but please do not block shutter doors.
- If you have difficulty walking and need a space reserving just let us know.
On arrival in Reception
Take a seat and make yourself comfortable five minutes ahead of your appointment time. We do not operate a full-time reception, but we will be aware that you have arrived, and your Practitioner will collect you for your session.
24-hour cancellation policy
You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before the date and time of your session. With regret we must insist that full payment is due should you cancel within 24 hours of your session, or if you miss your appointment.
Covid rules remain unchanged in healthcare facilities despite the easing of public guidance.
- You must notify us ahead of your appointment should you develop any Covid or common cold symptoms, or if you test positive. You must also notify us ahead of your appointment should a member of your household test positive.
- You should wear a mask at all times unless you have a medical exemption. If you have a medical exemption please notify us in your Required Triage Form. Your Practitioner will also be wearing a mask.
- If you have not received both Covid vaccinations and a booster, we ask that you carry out a lateral flow test at home, as near as possible to your appointment.
- We regret that children and babies cannot accompany you, and where possible you should attend your appointment on your own.
Pricing and payment
Pricing for all our sessions is located here. Full payment is due at time of treatment and should be made by credit/debit card or device. We are unable to accept cash or cheques.
How you might feel after your treatment session
A lot of people come away from a treatment session with a ‘feel good’ sensation both physically and mentally – fantastic! This is typically due to the hands-on treatment targeting and relieving areas of pain and discomfort, improved blood flow, and the release of mood-boosting hormones.
However, you might experience soreness or fatigue whilst your body adjusts, and headaches are not uncommon after treatment around the head, neck, and shoulders. Please don’t be alarmed if you are feeling like this, it is perfectly normal. Sometimes your original symptoms may change or even worsen slightly but temporarily, as your body adjusts and heals.
If you are concerned about how you are feeling, do please get in touch with us for further advice.
After your treatment session – care advice and cautions for the next 24hrs
Sports massage, and soft tissue work in any treatment session will target your muscles, connective tissues, and possibly tendons and ligaments too. This will improve your ﬂexibility and your joint range of motion, and really benefit you, but you should be aware of the following whilst your body heals and adjusts:
- Avoid exercise for 24hrs, especially endurance exercise and explosive training, but include your normal walking and gentle stretch routine
- It is normal to experience redness, tenderness, and even some bruising after targeted soft tissue work
- Drink more water than you ordinarily would, and refrain from alcohol
- You may feel tired, or even experience heightened emotions. Hopefully you will sleep more deeply!
How to get the most from your sessions
We want your treatment and rehabilitation to be as effective and positive as possible, as of course you do too. Here are some considerations for a successful rehab:
Do your exercises!
Most of your overall improvement is achieved by the exercises we prescribe and lifestyle advice that may be offered to you. The treatment we provide is very important, but it is only one small aspect of your successful rehab. You must do the groundwork to build upon what we provide. Your exercises will develop and change over time, but only if you progress through them.
Make notes between sessions
Feedback is important, and any change is good as it informs our next steps. We need you to be curious about your changing symptoms; how the nature and intensity of your discomfort is changing, how your rehab exercises feel, and how your activities and goals are developing.
Ask for help
We’re here to help in-between sessions, please don’t give up on your good work and investment if something doesn’t feel quite right. Contact us if you need help with something and we’ll put you back on track.
Trust in the process
Invest in your treatment! If you think you won’t get better, you invariably won’t 😉
If you need us
Speak with your Practitioner about your exercises or something of concern
You can do this by replying to any booking email and we’ll be in touch as quickly as possible.
Change your follow-up date/time
You can cancel and rebook your follow-up appointment by accessing the link directly from your booking confirmation email sent at the time of booking.
Talk about something else
Let us know what you need help with and we’ll handle it the best way we can by replying to any email or Contacting Us.